Monday, July 10, 2017

My Black Rose

1962 to 1965 I was in the Navy. I was in Key West most of the time and could not date Black Women.

After the Navy I went to the Detroit suburbs and soon married a white woman that my mother introduced me to. It was 14 of the worst years of my life. It was not her fault. It wasn't my fault. I was on my way up the ladder. I became a CPA and was close to becoming a partner in a medium sized high prestige firm. I was going to parties attended by wealthy people. Going out on large boats. I had a house in a subdivision with a lake and a dock with a 16 foot sail boat named "for sail" Something was missing. Happiness.

I became a drunk and soon lost everything.

I was at a clients topless bar. I was drinking double 151 rum and coke. A fight broke out and a body went flying over my head. I ordered another double. I had a Kiwanis club meeting and so I left to pick up the neighbor and take him.

We got to the meeting and the 151 hit me. I was supposed to introduce him so I got up and forgot his name. I said, "Gentlemen, I would like you to meet, ugh ugh ugh, Who in the hell are you?" I never went back.

One morning I came to the car and there was a big dent in the car that looked like a fence post. I didn't know how it got there. I told the wife that it happened in at the mall while I was parked. I don't think she believed me. I didn't care.

Ten years later I was walking down the street and remembered what happened. It was winter and snowing. I turned on a street and ended up in a barbed wire fence. I had to pull the fence post off the car. I had to move the barbed wire so that I could back out.

Another time I was traveling on a winding road. It was raining and 3 am. I went around a 90 degree turn spun out. I ended up with my rear bumper at some guy's front porch. I had about 100 feet to get to the road. The ruts from my back tires had to be 4 inches deep.

Some how I never got a drunk driving ticket. Never got pulled over for it. I would leave my office at 11 am and go to the bar for lunch. I would leave the bat at 5pm and be home by 6pm. As soon as I hit the door I was drunk.

I went into a bar and on stage was my future wife #2. She looked like Donna Summers. She is the most beautiful women I ever knew. She was intelligent, black and beautiful. I ware a t-shirt that said, "The love of my life is My Black Beauty." She had everything I wanted in a woman. (She also had the best damn booty I ever did see.)
Ebony was a dancer and an ex-cop.

Suddenly I went from the lily white suburbs to the mostly black hood in Detroit. My friends went from 100% white to 99% black. I found that I was suddenly happy. (I also found out that white folks don't know how to have fun.) I felt as if I was finally with my people. (10 years later I was told by two psychics that I had a black soul in a white body. I was supposed to be a black man but I got the wrong body. Now I know what a transsexual means when they say they are a woman trapped in a man's body. )

Many of my experiences are in the following web pages along with my philosophy. I hope you read them all and learn from them.

When I went through my first divorce I was broke. Ebony supported me for about 6 months until I got on my feet. I got a job with an accounting firm and had some clients of my own. The day I left the first wife I quit drinking to excess. I married Ebony about a year after the divorce.

My children from the first marriage learned that there is a another society. They saw the poor and found out that the poor black kids are no different than the wealthy white kids. When they were with me they were with blacks. They saw people on drugs (black and white) and learned what drugs can do to a person. They saw people eating out of garbage cans.

The divorce decree said that I could not be with the kids in the company of an unwed woman. (my girlfriend) After the wedding I had it changed to every other weekend and every other holiday. The first time the kids met my wife they really liked her. They said she was beautiful. I told them on the way home not to say anything about how good she was. If asked just say she was OK. My daughter said, "Oh mama she was so nice and beautiful." Their mama blew a gasket.

The next visitation weekend she said they did not want to come. I took her to court.

Before she and her lawyer came in the judge, my lawyer and I another lawyer were talking. She said, "Yesterday a woman was brought before me for non payment of child support. The son had 6 months before he was 18. The husband said the support could go into a trust fund and when he was 18 it would go to the son. She said no so I had to send her to jail."

She and her lawyer came in and the Judge asked my lawyer to talk. He told her how she would not let the kids come because they suddenly decided they did not want to come. He was quick and to the point.

Her lawyer got up and surprised everyone. He said, "Your honor I realize I am probably wrong but here is my case. She took the children to a child psychologist and this is her report."

He gave the judge a report that said the mixed marriage was bad for them.

The judge blew a gasket and said, I don't care what the psychologist said. She is wrong. It is not up to the children if they see their father but it is up to me. He bought a bigger house. Built a bedroom in the basement so they would each have a bedroom. You will make the children go with their father."
If this wasn't bad enough she added, "The next time you come before me in the matter, bring the kids and I will teach them the facts of life. If you come again bring your tooth brush because you will go to jail and your ex-husband will get custody."

As if it was timed as soon as she said it the woman she talked about earlier was brought into the court room in shackles.

She did everything she could to turn them against me. She especially got upset when her husband complemented my wife.

We had many problems when we went to the suburbs. Restaurants would give us poor service. Whites who came in after we did would get served first. We found glass in our food. We got dirty looks.

We did get some compliments too. In the city we would be remembered when we would come back and treated well.

We were in a grocery store and a gay couple came to use. One said, "You are a beautiful couple. We are watching the acceptance of mixed couples because we feel once you are accepted we will be close behind."

My new family had a lot of parties. These parties were fantastic. When I got married my boss, who looked like Robert Gullet, was my best man. He said his girl friend could not come so he was going to bring his wife. (They were going to get a divorce soon.) I told him that 50 of the most beautiful women would be there. He brought his wife and she messed up his evening. (Including my family only about 10 whites were there) He still said when he remarried and asked my wife and I to come that his would not be as much fun as our wedding. We didn't leave until 5 AM and the last people left at 11 AM.

I was on the way up to my parents house about 100 miles north of the city. My wife and our nephew were with me. A cop was on the median facing the south. He turned around and came after us. The speed limit was 55 and I was doing 70. I pulled over and the cop got out.

My nephew said happily, "The cop is black. We have it made."

I looked at him and said, "Look at me."

He said, "Oh I forgot. We're in trouble."

The cop said there was a car going the other way. One of us was doing 65 and the other 70. He gave me a ticket for 65.

Ebony said, "It would have been easier for him to get the other car but since we were a mixed couple he came after us."

I agreed.

Our son is a very intelligent young man. When he was in kindergarten he was one of two mixed children in the school. The rest were black. He was as light as me if not lighter. He came home from school and asked. "Mama, am I black or am I white?"

Mama said, "You are black."

He put his arm next to mine and said, "If I am black, then Daddy's black."

My father-in-law was the wisest man I knew. (except my father) He reminded me of Lou Gossett, Jr. He looked like him, sounded like him and acted like him. He quit school in third grade to work in the coal mines and take care of his family but he was wiser than the most educated. Wisdom comes from life not school. All of the education in the world can not make a person wise. I wish I could write some of the things he said but a white man can not say it the way he did.

My mother-in-law was prejudice against whites. She would forget that I was white and say things in front of me than apologize. I told her not to worry because she was right. Many of my friends did not like whites but I was accepted. If anything was said they said I was not white. Didn't know what I was but I wasn't white.

My wife's uncle (now her aunt) dressed as a woman. He took hormones to give him breasts. In his day he could convince any man that he was a woman. He did look good as a woman. When the wife met a guy she would go to his house and leave the guy with him and go downstairs and visit friends. When his hands got to the genitals there would be a scream and she would dump the guy.
Things were going good for us. I became a partner and a year later bought out my partner. I had a nice house in one of the best neighborhoods of the city.

One day a big caddie pulled up to my office. A big black man in a high priced pinstriped suit got out with a lady. They were starting a loan company and they wanted my help. The next meeting was at a motel and I met the owner of a large realty and mortgage company. They also had a letter from a prominent widow (real rich).

The banks were against them. They carried guns and including automatics.

I got into an argument with them and we broke off our dealings.

A while later I heard on the radio that there was a gunfight at a nearby motel.

The paper said that they were con artists. The reporter called me because they found my card. He did not use the interview because he was saying that they were con artists. My story was that they were actually starting a loan company.

This is the Street version that I believe.

The sons loved their mama and you did not touch her in a threatening way. Before the cops came they were told that there was a contract out on the mother and the a cop was going to be the hit man.
The cops had a warrant for a bounced check.

The cop that was killed grabbed mama's arm and the sons started shooting.

The son I met was #1 son. He had a bad case of diabetes and when the trial came he was in a wheel chair. He died soon after. Mama and the other son's are in prison.

One time we gave was a retirement party for my father-in-law. We rented a hall that held 200 people. The DJ broke a higher paying gig to do our party. We invited 175 people and 225 came. Our parties had all kinds of people.

My brother-in-law told me he wanted to dance with a woman. I looked and noticed an Adams Apple. I said, "You don't want to dance with him."

He said, "Every man out there is trying to dance with her. I want to dance with her."

Again I said, "You do not want to dance with HIM!!"

"You mean that's a man."

"Yes."

One of the most beautiful women on the dance floor was a man.

My office was in a predominately redneck suburb. I had two white tax preparers working for me and they both left at the beginning of tax season. I hired two black men and my wife came to work for me.

The next tax season business dropped in half and I lost the office and had to move into the city. I saw that I was going broke. The wife was insanely jealous. The marriage was going down hill. I did not want her and our son to go down with me so before we lost everything I signed the house over to her. I had made extra payments and in four years we cut the mortgage in half. Then the equity was probably $60,000. She had a good job that payed well. She had a lot of cash.

The funny thing is that a psychic (Who worked for me.) said that I would leave my wife on July 31. We gave no indication that we had a problem. She was right. She also made other predictions that happened. She said I had a black soul. (She was white.)

I left and went broke.


Here comes the fun. I am single and alone for the first time in 24 years. I am 45 and starting a new life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"39 Days": How Parkland shooting survivors turned grief into action - CBS News

"39 Days": How Parkland shooting survivors turned grief into action - CBS News